Agreements allow you to embed signatures in Templates to manage and track signing off on key training-related documents in the system. With this feature, you can add multiple signatories to a single agreement, including auto-assigned and manually assigned signatories. The feature also allows signatories to add comments, adding to the depth of information that can be provided.
The basic flow of using this feature is to:
- Create a Template and set the Type to 'Agreement'
- Include Signature Fields in the template for the relevant Signatories
- Ensure you have the 'Send Agreements' User Permission
- Go to send a Template and select an Agreement Template
- Set the Signatories and send the Agreement
- Signatories will receive the Agreement and be prompted to sign it
- Track and view the status of the Agreement
- When all signatories have signed, the document will be converted to a PDF file and stored in the Portfolio of the Contact it was assigned to
Follow through the sections in the article below for more detailed instructions on how to use this feature. For more information on creating and sending templates check out our Template Management and Template Builder help articles.
Tip: Agreements help streamline the process of obtaining signatures for important training documents. Users can easily send out agreements, collect signatures, and track progress all directly within the system.
Note: Agreements are available as part of aXcelerate Turbo or +10% of licence fees for Standard Accounts. Please reach out to our Customer Success team for more information.
Create an Agreement Template
Agreements are a type of Template that have signatory fields included in the content. When the Agreement is sent Signatories will be assigned to each of the Signatory fields and dictate who will receive and need to sign the agreement. Signatory fields can be added by copying fields from the Signatures section of the Template Builder panel and pasting them into the content. A default Due Date and Expiry Date can be set in the Agreement Template, but these can be changed at the point the Agreement is sent.
- Go to the Templates area and click Add New Template
- Set the Template Type as Agreement
- Set the Template Name
- In the Signatures section of the side panel select a Signatory you would like to add, then click Copy Field and paste it into the Agreement content area
- Add any other content to the Agreement as needed, then click Save Changes
Tip: Enabling the Include Comment setting for a Signatory field will allow that Contact to provide a comment at the point of signing the agreement.
Note: Any types of Contacts & Users that appear in the list of available Signatories can be automatically assigned based on the context that the Agreement is sent in. If the system is not able to determine who the Contact is, they can still be manually assigned at the point of sending the Agreement.
If a Custom Signatory is added, you can set the name of the role that would be signing in this area and then manually select who this contact would be at the point the agreement is sent.
Send an Agreement
Agreements can be sent from anywhere that a Template can be sent to contacts in the system. This includes sending Templates from the Contact Profile and from Workshops and Classes. Simply select an Agreement Template and you will then be prompted to assign Signatories before sending the Agreement.
- Send a Template
- Select an Agreement Template
- Assign the relevant Signatories for each recipient. Any Signatories that are assigned to a particular role (such as a Learner) will be automatically assigned. Any Signatories that can't find a relevant contact will need to be manually assigned. If no Contact is assigned, this Signature field will be excluded from the Agreement when it is sent.
- Go to the Details tab and assign the Due Date and Expiry Date
- Click Confirm and Send Agreements
Tip: The Template that is sent to notify users that they need to sign an agreement is able to be customised. This can be done by creating a Standard Template that includes the '[Signature Request Link]' field and assigning it to the 'Signature request email text template' in the Default System Templates area.
Note: Users will need the Send Agreements user permission to send out an Agreement. If a user does not have this permission they will be unable to select Agreements at the point of sending a Template.
Sign an Agreement
Once an Agreement has been sent, all of the assigned Signatories will be sent an email to notify them that they have an Agreement to sign. The email that is sent will include a link to access the Agreement and allow recipients to sign it.
- Open the email notification sent by aXcelerate
- Click the prompt to sign the Agreement
- Click on the designated signature area assigned to you
- Draw or Type your Signature
- Provide a Comment if relevant to the agreement
- Click Confirm & Sign
- Once all Signatories have signed the Agreement, it will be converted into a PDF document that can be accessed from the original email notification.
Note: If the recipient is an aXcelerate user, they will need to sign in to access the agreement. Otherwise, if the recipient is only a Contact they will just need to click the unique link provided in the email.
Once an Agreement has been sent, trainers and administrators can view and track the details of the Agreement including who has and has not signed it. This is available from the Contact Portfolio of the Learner in the Agreements tab. Users will need to have the Contact Portfolio View permission to access this area.
- View the Contact Profile of a Contact that has been sent an Agreement
- View the Contact's Portfolio
- Click on the Agreements tab
Tip: If an Agreement is sent for a Class Enrolment, it will also appear in the Documents section of the Learner's enrolment for that Class.
Note: Once the Agreement has been signed, it will be converted into a PDF document that can be accessed from the Contact's Portfolio or from the original notification email sent to the Signatories.
Can I edit an Agreement after it has been sent?
The content in an Agreement and the assigned Signatories are not able to be changed once it has been sent. However, you can adjust the Due Date and Expiry Date of the Agreement as needed.
Why am I unable to see Agreements when sending Templates?
Users require the Send Agreements user permission to be able to issue Agreements. If you do not have this permission, you will be unable to select Agreements when sending Templates.
Are there Workflows and Reports available for Agreements?
A report called Agreement Signature Requests is available in the report builder. With the correct displayed this can be used for Report Row Event driven automated tasks.
Why can I not see the Agreements option in the Template Builder?
Agreements are enabled for all Turbo accounts, but the feature is an add-on for Standard Accounts priced at +10% of license fees. If you have a Standard Account and would like to have this feature enabled, please reach out to our Customer Success team for more information.
How do I change the Agreements notification email that is sent?
The Template that is sent to notify users that they need to sign an agreement is able to be customised by creating a Standard Template that includes the '[Signature Request Link]' field and assigning it to the 'Signature request email text template' in the Default System Templates area.